photo ALD2_01_zps50dad88e.gif photo ALD2_02_zps675202e8.gif photo ALD2_03_zps760ab72c.gif photo ALD2_04_zps4c8c616a.gif photo ALD2_05_zps83ef5d6e.gif photo ALD2_06_zps31aa4937.gif

April 18, 2013

Review & Results of the Dr. Oz 3 Day Cleanse

As promised, here's my review and tips on the Dr. Oz 3 Day Cleanse -- it wasn't overly difficult and it definitely provided results! My Sister and I decided to give the cleanse a try last week as a way to kick start our healthy eating efforts. Our goal wasn't to lose weight, just feel better in general and lose the bloat. The cleanse is supposed to remove toxins from your body and give a jump start to your metabolism  Sign me up! You can read all the details of the cleanse and get the recipes here
via
Dr. Oz estimates that you can do the cleanse on $16 dollars a day, unfortunately that wasn't quite the case for us. It was more like $25 per day. We didn't use all the coconut oil or almond butter we bought or all of the probiotic supplements, so if you had those items on hand your costs wouldn't be as much. But if you're like us you have to stock your pantry beforehand. Buying all the fresh produce, especially the berries, was the most expensive!
via

TIPS

* Unless it's the middle of Summer, you may find that purchasing all of the fruits frozen will be cheaper than fresh. We definitely saved money by going the frozen route for blueberries and raspberries.
* The breakfast shake was really pretty good, my least favorite was the lunch shake. I tried to limit the celery a little bit in that one because it was so overpowering. 
* The lime was also pretty strong in the lunch shake, so I reduced that by a little as well
* One good thing about the cleanse is you do not feel hungry. I wanted to crunch on real food pretty bad, but overall I didn't feel hungry. You can have your favorite shake again during the day as a snack, but I was never hungry enough to want it
* Enjoy the detox baths! It always felt like one of the best parts of the day. I may continue to do these periodically. The epson salts are supposed to draw out impurities and the lavender oil smells so good! 
RESULTS

I lost 7 pounds! And my stomach definitely felt flatter and all the bloat was gone. I was impressed with the results I got in just three days. My sister lost close to 5 pounds, we're definitely really pleased with our results.
Head over to 33 Shades of Green to see her take on the cleanse! I posted my starter guide with the shopping list from after Day 1, too. Let me know if you try this. Feel free to email if you have any questions.
 photo ALDsig_zpsf3ec04b2.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Great job ladies. I might have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen! Stopping over from your sister's blog to say hi! Congrats on your weight loss. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the cleanse. I have a wedding in a few months and I need something like this to jump start my desire to get some extra weight off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both you and your sister for your review. I think I'm going to give this a try starting next Monday, and I'm going to try to get my husband to do it too! Congrats on the pounds lost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been debating to try it but I think I just might. Hopefully my sisters will join me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel special. Leave a little something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails